It helps you to be accountable to how you are eating, allows you to understand your eating habits a bit better, and it gives you insight into your macro- and micro- nutrient intake.
What kinds of food diaries are there?
With the increasing amount of health-conscious consumers out there, many are finding more ways of keeping track of how they eat. There are many types of food diaries out there and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. In order for a food diary to be of any use to you, it is important that you find one that fits your lifestyle.
- Write what you ate in a notebook at the end of the day. Although this can be very straightforward, it does not allow you to see how many calories or other nutrients you have eaten throughout the day. (You can also lose it, spill things on it, or forget to take it with you.)
- You could photograph barcodes of products as well as dishes and snacks. This is a great way to share your progress with others on social networks. It keeps you accountable to others AND you can also get support from others going through the same journey as yourself.
- Include all of the above with a food diary app!
Although two out of the three methods mentioned above can be practical, they do not include many different functions in one place. With a notebook or just taking pictures, you cannot analyze the nutrition content of your daily intake. Without the right information in a food diary, changing your food choices to be healthier ones, becomes more difficult. For example, if you need to increase your protein intake, writing what you eat in a notebook will not guide you to choose more protein-rich foods. This is where a food diary app can be the ideal way to not only keep track of what you are eating, but it can help you to make better food choices. It can also help you to stay connected with a community that will support you through your endeavors.
The Superbody Food Diary
We invite all of you to try the Superbody food diary. It has a number of features which will help you on your journey to losing weight and gaining health.
- Many foods to choose from! We have a huge database of products you can choose from with detailed nutrition information for each.
- Add your own foods. Don’t see what food you are looking for? Simply add it and it’s nutrition information. Our nutritionists can even review it for you to see if it’s suitable for a healthy diet.
- Categorized meal plan set-up. Superbody nutritionists have broken down your diary into sections that should be present in a healthy diet.
- Simple and Advanced Modes.
- Personalized Food Diary. Your Superbody food diary is designed to give you the right amount of calories, carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals that are appropriate for only YOU.
Remember, a food diary is not meant to be used for months and years. It is simply a tool to use for 2-4 weeks which can help you to stay on track, to become aware of what you are eating, and to help you make better food choices. Superbody is here to help you on your journey to a healthy body. Try our food diary app today to get started!