I hope you all know I don’t just throw around the words “best ever.” In fact, I don’t think those two words have ever made it into a recipe title thus far. That’s how deserving these healthy chocolate chip cookies are. Because for how many healthy swaps they have, they really are the best!
Source: Chelsea’s messy Apron
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 20 mins
Serves: 18 cookies
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups oat flour (regular oats blended)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional: coarse sea salt
- Take regular old fashioned oats or quick oats and blend them until they resemble a flour or powder in a blender or food processor.
- Combine the vanilla extract, large egg, and brown sugar in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly before adding to the bowl. Beat everything together until just combined.
- Stir in the oat flour (measured after blending NOT before), baking soda, cinnamon (scale this amount to taste preferences), and salt.
- Stir until just combined and then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a cookie scoop (and pack these in the scoop very tightly or they may crumble), scoop out balls of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press a few more chocolate chips in the tops if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove and allow to stay on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.